Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Metasploit acquired by Rapid7

Metasploit has been acquired by an information security company called Rapid7. Rapid7 is the self-proclaimed leading provider of vulnerability management, compliance and penetration testing solutions.

Well... if they weren't before, acquiring Metasploit will certainly give them a boost.

Let us hope that what is free today stays free tomorrow, and that new features won't be withheld from the open source community, and reserved for "paying customers only". While I'm happy for the founder of Metasploit, HD Moore, who will be hired as the CSO (Chief Security Officer) of Rapid7, I can't help but think we've lost another great free tool. I hope they prove me wrong.

You can read more details about the acquisition here.

I'm glad I told you all to install this last week. There is no telling if there will be any lapse in the ability to download the framework software.

No comments:

Post a Comment