Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Anti-Virus software companies statistically evaluated





I just finished reviewing some statistical data on AV products at Shadow Server. Shadow Server has been an excellent source of information for me on the Conficker outbreak. From their home page:

"Established in 2004, The Shadowserver Foundation gathers intelligence on the darker side of the internet. We are comprised of volunteer security professionals from around the world. Our mission is to understand and help put a stop to high stakes cybercrime in the information age."
What was most striking, regarding the AV information I reviewed, was the surprisingly low identification rate for AV products that I had previously held in high regard. I'm not sure if this data is proof that some of the more mature AV companies are sitting back on their laurels, or if it is indicative of a malware epidemic growing out of control. It is probably a bit of both.

I recommend all cyber-jutsu practitioners check out Shadow Server.


1 comment:

  1. This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

    -Phone hacks (remotely)
    -Credit repair
    -Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
    -Make money from home (USA only)
    -Social media hacks
    -Website hacks
    -Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
    -Grade change
    -funds recovery

    Email: onlineghosthacker247@ gmail .com

    ReplyDelete